We rely on water as part of our everyday lives and we are lucky to have some of he best water in the world in most of our country available when we need it. Many parts of the world are not so lucky and don't enjoy a supply of clean, safe drinking or bathing water. We do need however to make sure we look after our water supplies and how much we are all using in our daily lives.
~ How Much Water Should We Be Using Each Day?
Here in Melbourne, we are encouraged to keep our water usage to 155 litres of water per person, per day in a household.
~ Here are the top 10 tips to keep your water usage down (and also save you some money too)
6. Always use a trigger nozzle when watering the garden.
7. During summer water before 10am or after 6pm so more water reaches the roots.
8. Check the weather forecast and only water every second or third day or if rain is forecast, not at all.
9. Use mulch to reduce evaporation from your garden by up to 70 percent and make our garden more efficient (this is really important and effective)
10. When washing your car at home, use a bucket and finish off with the hose, rather than using the hose the whole time.
For more hints and tips on water usage visit: makeeverydropcount.com.au (you can even calculate your weekly water usage and set goals to reduce this usage)